Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Mom Talents

I've picked up some new talents in these last few weeks, some odd tricks that I never thought I'd need.

Magazine Page Turning With Toes: While breastfeeding it can be difficult to do anything without a third hand, which is where the feet come in handy. During the night when there's not much to look at, my feet come in handy turning pages for me.

Laptop Opening With Elbows: Pretty much speaks for itself.

3 Minute Make-up Application: There should be a prize for this kind of thing!

I do however suck at taking out Talon on my own. Last Friday I thought I would go to the dollar store and supermarket. An hour and a half later, and after leaving my supermarket purchases at the store and having to go back for them in the rain, I vowed to never take him out without his stroller again. His carrier? Way to heavy even for what was supposed to be a 10 minute shopping trip.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tricks! I used to find that I would bounce and rock anytime I held anything. I had become so used to bouncing every time I held Maddy, that I would do it whether I was holding her or not.
    Oh - the going out thing gets easier too. I had a few similar situations. You go out thinking you're a super-star Mom and then one thing after another happens and all of a sudden you've got a hungry, wet, screaming baby and you're running through the mall like a chicken with no head. Shopping is waaaay easier once they can sit in the cart so you're not lugging the carrier around! Those things get heavy with 15lb babies in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know Kathryn...I have found that the best way for me not to lose my mind when we go out, is to prepare, prepare, prepare! I am so organized usually that Talon throws me through a loop with something unexpected. It's hard to get used to!

    ReplyDelete